20 Jan Hands On Country Eco Tour
Hands On Country Eco Tour
Imagine – gliding across Trinity Inlet past tethered yachts and wetlands into the expanse of the World Heritage listed Great Barrier Reef region. In the distance, rainforest clad mountains soar – today’s destination. Turn up Hills Creek, where salty sea and mountain freshwaters meet, arriving to a Welcome to Country and Smoking Ceremony.
After a short bus ride, walk the Mayi Bugan Rainforest Trail with Indigenous Guides to discover native foods and bush medicines, ancient Aboriginal traditions, customs, and artefacts. Enjoy light refreshments surrounded by the sounds of nature before returning to the Marina. Incredibly this authentic Indigenous experience that reveals ancient secrets is only 15 minutes from Cairns.
- Mooz Gelato and Juice Bar – Marina Point, 5/2 Pier Point Rd, Cairns
- Finger Wharf C at the Cairns Marlin Marina
- Sturdy, covered flat footwear, sun protection (a hat and sunscreen) and insect repellent (also supplied).
- Bottle of water (no plastics please), camera and any prescribed medications
- 15-minute guided river cruise in a purpose-built covered vessel travelling across Trinity Inlet to Hills Creek.
- Mandingalbay Yidinji welcome and traditional cleansing smoking ceremony.
- 15-minute guided bus tour through the mangroves, wetlands, and market gardens
- 20-minute guided bush-walk discovering the Mandingalbay Yidinji bush foods, tools, and medicine as well as sites of cultural significance.
- Morning Tea and interactive activities.
- Return transfer by vessel to Cairns Marlin Marina