20 Jan Deadly After Dark
Deadly After Dark
Push off from Cairns Marina for a 15 minute river transfer, bound for East Trinity Reserve. Discover the sights and sounds of Aboriginal ceremony and tradition during the ancient custom of a Welcoming Ceremony and Smoking Cleansing Ceremony.
Arriving to a cocktail function setting like no other, under a canopy of towering ghostlike melaleucas where canapés, tropical mocktails and beverages are served. Savour Indigenous inspired taste sensations punctuated by traditional dance, music and storytelling.
After the event, cruise quietly through the beauty of the mangrove lined waterways back into Cairns, revealing the beauty of the city lights from a completely different perspective. Nothing compares to this unique night time experience.
Enjoy a fusion of traditional and contemporary inspired, local sourced delicacies such as Thai style Kangaroo with green papaya salsa, smoked crocodile, Tableland’s pork belly, green ant salmon gravlax and seared Queensland scallops; even mud crab and barramundi in banana leaf.
Beverages include alcoholic and non-alcoholic options.
- Mooz Gelato and Juice Bar – Marina Point, 5/2 Pier Point Rd, Cairns
- Finger Wharf C at the Cairns Marlin Marina
- Sturdy, covered flat footwear, insect repellent personal, warm clothes/jacket if traveling between May and November
- Camera and any prescribed medications – all food, drinks are provided.
- Return River Cruise from Cairns Marina to East Trinity
- Bus transfer to and from Deadly After Dark Event site
- Drinks and Canapes
- Traditional entertainment with Mandingalbay Yidinji Traditional Dancers and Storytelling