20 Jan Deadly After Dark Sunset Cruise
Deadly After Dark Sunset Cruise
Enjoy a Sunset Cruise like no other.
As the sun begins to get low over the Great Dividing Range to the west of Cairns, met your Mandingalbay Yidjinji guide and push off from Cairns Marina in our new, covered River Cruise vessel, bound for wetlands and mangrove forests of East Trinity Reserve. Discover an Indigenous Protected Area where ancient knowledge meets latest science to deliver world-first conservation programs.
Cruise along an avenue of ancient mangrove forests.
Upon arrival at the Stingray Shelter, enjoy the ancient Mandingalbay custom of a Welcoming to Country. This can be with the use of fire where guests are “smoked” using leavers from the paperbark tree. This ceremony is conducted by initiated male elders only.
The welcome can also be with the use of “mugra” a traditional ochre paint found on Country to make a symbol of welcome on the face. Women paint women and men paint men.
Listen to our Mandingalbay Yidinji guides speak of ancient language, practices and traditional implements that are still made and used.
Light Canapes and cold non alcoholic beverages will be served throughout the evening by our team.
After the event, cruise quietly through the beautiful mangrove lined waterways back into Cairns Harbour, revealing the beauty of the city lights from the water.
Nothing compares to this unique night time cultural experience.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0484 928 883 for private charter rates for your group or conference delegates.
Please Note: If a Mandingalbay elder male is not available to conduct the smoking ceremony our guides will provide an acknowledgement of Country with women and men offering traditional face painting as a sign of welcome and connection.
- 5.15am – Mooz Gelato and Juice Bar – Marina Point, 5/2 Pier Point Rd, Cairns
- 5.30pm Finger Wharf C at the Cairns Marlin Marina
- Sturdy, covered flat footwear, insect repellent or light long sleeve shirt, pants, warm clothes/jacket if traveling between May and September
- Camera and any prescribed medications – all food, drinks are provided.
- Return River Cruise from Cairns Marina to East Trinity
- Welcome to Country Smoking Ceremony
- Cultural Presentation in the Stingray Shelter
- Non- Alcoholic Drinks and Light Canapes