12 Apr Hands On Country Eco Tour
Hands On Country River Cruise
Discover Mandingalbay Yidinji Indigenous Culture with this introductory tour now departing Cairns Marina daily. Imagine – gliding across Trinity Inlet past tethered yachts and wetlands into the expanse of the World Heritage listed Great Barrier Reef region. In the distance, rainforest clad mountains soar – today’s destination.
Turn up Hills Creek, where salty sea and mountain freshwaters meet, arriving at the new state of the art Stingray Welcome Shelter for a traditional Welcome to Country and Smoking Ceremony.
Enjoy a morning platter of locally sourced tropical fruits, cheeses and jams.
Incredibly this authentic Indigenous experience that reveals ancient secrets is only 15 minutes from Cairns.
- Mooz Gelato and Juice Bar – Marina Point, 5/2 Pier Point Rd, Cairns
- Finger Wharf C at the Cairns Marlin Marina
- Sturdy, covered flat footwear, sun protection (a hat and sunscreen) and insect repellent (also supplied).
- Bottle of water (no plastics please), camera and any prescribed medications
- 15-minute guided river cruise in a purpose-built covered vessel travelling across Trinity Inlet to Hills Creek.
- Mandingalbay Yidinji welcome and traditional cleansing smoking ceremony.
- 15-minute guided bus tour through the mangroves, wetlands, and market gardens
- 20-minute guided bush-walk discovering the Mandingalbay Yidinji bush foods, tools, and medicine as well as sites of cultural significance.
- Morning Tea and interactive activities.
- Return transfer by vessel to Cairns Marlin Marina