31 Jan Deadly Dinner
Beginning at the heart of Cairns CBD within walking distance of many of the major hotels and resorts, meet you Mandingalbay Yidinji guide before pushing off in our new covered river-cruise vessel as the rising moon illuminates the night sky, leading the way to East Trinity Reserve.
Upon arrival at the dinner site, you will be surrounded by the sights and sounds of Aboriginal ceremony and tradition during the ancient custom of a Welcoming Ceremony and Smoking Cleansing Ceremony.
Arriving to a dinner setting under the stars where the moonlight paints silver streaks through the giant melaleucas as canapés are served.
After being seated at a beautifully decorated table, savouring Indigenous inspired taste sensations during a two-course dinner to the captivating backdrop of traditional dance, music, and storytelling, culminating in a Didgeridoo experience and performance by the internationally renowned harpist Natalia Mann.
Complete the evening with a slow cruise through moonlit waters back into the bright lights of Cairns. A unique cultural experience that will be remembered for many moons to come.
Sample Dinner Menu
- Thai style Kangaroo with green papaya salsa,
- Smoked crocodile,
- Tableland’s pork belly,
- Green ant salmon gravlax and seared Queensland scallops,
- Mud crab and barramundi in banana leaf.
- Beverages include alcoholic and non-alcoholic options.
- Departs Cairns Reef Terminal 9am–12pm and 1pm–4pm
- Wear sturdy, flat footwear and sun protection
- Bring a water bottle, sunscreen, camera and prescribed medications
- Return River Cruise from Cairns Marina to East Trinity
- Bus transfer to and from Full Moon Cocktail event
- Beverages and Canapes served on arrival
- Seated dinning including two-course meal
- Traditional entertainment with Mandingalbay Yidinji Traditional Dancers and Storytelling