31 Jan Deadly Dinner
(OFF-SITE CORPORATE EVENT)
Looking for a unique, outdoor event hosted by Traditional Owners on their Country to support your next conference or business event? Deadly Dinner (The Main Event) is a spectacular evening presented entirely for the Mandingalbay people of the Yidinji Nation at a site of cultural significance within an Indigenous Protected Area.
Beginning at the Cairns Marina within walking distance of many of the major hotels and resorts, meet your Mandingalbay Yidinji guide before pushing off in our new covered river-cruise vessel as the rising moon illuminates the night sky, leading the way to East Trinity Reserve.
Upon arrival at the dinner site, you will be surrounded by the sights and sounds of Aboriginal ceremony and tradition during the ancient custom of a Welcoming Ceremony and Smoking Cleansing Ceremony.
Enjoy a spectacular dinner setting under the stars where the moonlight paints silver streaks through the giant melaleucas as canapés are served.
After being seated at a beautifully decorated table, savouring Indigenous inspired taste sensations during a four-course dinner to the captivating backdrop of traditional dance, music, and storytelling, culminating in performance by the internationally renowned harpist Natalia Mann.
Complete the evening with a slow cruise through moonlit waters back into the bright lights of Cairns. A unique cultural experience that will be remembered for many moons to come.
Sample Dinner Menu
Thai style Kangaroo – green papaya salsa
Paperbark smoked crocodile – riberry mayo
Tablelands pork belly – Davidson plum jam
Entrée – Tropical seafood tasting plate
Green ant salmon gravlax, seared Queensland scallop – pineapple and dessert lime salsa
mud crab and avocado tian, mackerel pattie – lemon aspen mayo
Main course – alternate drop
Steamed barramundi – wrapped in banana leaf with lemon myrtle, papaw and finger lime salsa
Grilled Lamb rump – bush tomato and balsamic jus, macadamia hummus, smoked eggplant relish
Roast sweet potato
Green vegetables with soya, mirin and sesame
Flourless chocolate and macadamia cake, wild berry compote, fresh cream
Mango daiquiri on arrival, Wildflower sauvignon blanc, De Bortolli Cabernet Sauvignon, Two turtles pale ale, Great Northern Lager, soft drinks, juice and water
- Meeting at the Mooz Gelati and Juice Bar at the Pier at 5pm, transfer by river cruise vessel to East Trinity. Then Coach to event site. Arrive approx 5.45pm
- Wear sturdy, flat footwear and sun protection
- Bring a water bottle, sunscreen, camera and prescribed medications
- Return River Cruise from Cairns Marina to East Trinity
- Bus transfer to and from Deadly Dinner Event site
- Beverages and Canapes served on arrival
- Traditional Mandingalbay Smoking Ceremony to welcome you to Country
- Seated dinning including two or four course meal options
- Traditional entertainment with Mandingalbay Yidinji Traditional Dancers and Storytelling throughout the night.
- Event manager will work with you to create and curate the perfect event